Friday, July 13, 2012

Mid Monthly Favorites

I've found myself reaching for a lot of the same items lately when it comes to hair and makeup and I thought I would share what I've really been enjoying lately.
I am a teacher so right now I've been on summer vacation and honestly, I'm loving not waking up at 5:00 AM!  Another benefit of not working is that I don't really have to care what my hair looks like.  I've been giving it a rest from the heat styling and I've hardly used my blow dryer or flat iron at all in the past few weeks.  Instead, I've been wearing my hair in messy pony tails or messy buns and just throwing on a headband for a bit of style.  These are the two headbands that I've worn the most.  The left one is a pewter color, with three strands.  It's not really braided but it has that feel to it.  The one on the right is black and also has three strands.  The center one is just flat and the outer two are braided.  Check out the photo below for close ups.
For eyes, I've really been liking simple looks.  I've been enjoying one shade eye looks.  I haven't really been doing anything as far as the crease, as I've mostly been hanging out at home or just running to the grocery store.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express, Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Almost Famous, Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus in Espresso, Physician's Formula Eyeliner in Champagne, Essence Stay All Day Creme Eyeshadow in Coppy-Right, Wet N Wild Eyeshadow in Nutty, L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte
NYC Bronzer in Sunny, Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation in Translucent Light, Hard Candy Fox in a Box Blush in Spicy & Sweet, Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Natural, Almay Defining Eye Pencil in Brunette, Maybelline Super Stay Concealer in Cream, e.l.f. Essentials Eye Primer (for undereye), Pixi Brightening Peach Correction Concentrate
Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain in Honey, Chapstick Moisturizer in Green Apple, Essence Stay With Me Lipgloss in My Favorite Milkshake, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Foiled

3 comments:

  1. Love the black headband! What brand is it, where can I buy it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was Conair. I bought it at CVS in a bag of clearance hair accessories for $2.99.

      Delete
  2. The headbands are really cute. I've heard good things about that Essense lip gloss. I think I'll have to add it my list of things to buy (once I can buy makeup again) I love these kinds of posts!

    ReplyDelete