Tuesday, July 3, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Yellow

I love yellow nail polish!  It's just so bright and happy on my nails and I don't know why, but every time I wear a yellow polish, I always gets lots of compliments on my manicure.  This was no exception!
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow is my favorite shade of yellow polish but this time I made a dumb mistake.  Normally, I start out with a coat of white underneath but this time I wanted to see just how many coats of yellow were necessary before this shade was fully opaque.  Three coats later, it still had some streakiness.  Argh.  But I think it still looked great!
Then I stamped over with Shany Image Plate SH05, using the adorable little bee!  This stamp alone is one of the reasons I bought this plate set.  The reason behind that is because the bee is the mascot of the school I teach at!  Needless to say, this manicure was a big hit with my students and the staff alike.  I stamped with Wet N Wild Black Creme and managed to totally smudge up one of the bees but I absolutely loved this cute little mani!

4 comments: