Friday, July 6, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Violet

Purple is my favorite color so today's challenge was just an excuse to use a new shade of purple that I hadn't yet tried.  I started with two coats of Deep Purple from Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear line.  I say it over and over but this line of polish just does not disappoint!
This is a really pretty purple with what appears to be blue shimmer running through it.  The first coat was kind of sheer but it was all good and opaque after two coats.  This shade is just so much prettier on the nails than it was in the bottle!  In the bottle it just looks like a humdrum commonplace violet shade but on the nails... heaven!
Once again, if you haven't already heard, Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear line is buy 2 get 1 free during the entire month of July at Walgreens.
I really wanted to stamp pink over this but I was having a hard time finding something that would show up over this rather dark polish.  Then on a whim I tried my Sally Hansen Quick Color Pen in Red Chrome and low and behold, it showed up as a gorgeous metallic pink!
The lovely butterfly image comes from Shany Image Plate SH12.  I loved the finished product on this one!  It makes me happy when a manicure works out the way I want it to!

No comments:

Post a Comment