Sunday, July 1, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Red


This manicure is the first in the 31 Day Nail Challenge!  The assigned manicure was red nails and I was feeling something really red and sexy.  I wanted the beautiful red color to show through so I picked a stamp that would let a lot of the base color show through.  Overall, this turned out very pretty but some of the smaller hearts didn't transfer very well when stamped.
I started off with two easy coats of Pure Ice in Crimson.  I really could have used just one coat, as this is a very opaque shade but I wanted full streak free coverage, so I went with two coats.  The very first picture is probably the most color accurate.
Then next I stamped over Crimson with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Silver Sweep.  I used Shany Image Plate SH17 for the stamp.  The two largest hearts transferred very well but the smaller hearts didn't really show up.
One of the great things about this polish is that it has a beautiful shimmer to it that catches the light amazingly!  Then in the shade it looks darker and totally sexy!  For $1.99, if you can find this, you should definitely give it a try, especially if you like reds.  I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
Direct sunlight

Shade

No comments:

Post a Comment