Wednesday, July 11, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Polka Dots

I wasn't really looking forward to this challenge, as I'm just not a big fan of polka dots.  I feel like this is looking a little Minnie Mouse-ish but I guess it looks okay.
I started this manicure with two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Caribbean Coral.  This isn't the sort of coral that I usually like.  I'm more into pink + orange = coral but this is more like red + orange.  I really like it though!  As with all Xtreme Wears, I had no trouble at all with application.  This polish is extremely pigmented and could easily be a one coater with careful application.  I bet it would also work well for stamping.
I stamped over it with Sally Xtreme Wear in White On using Shany Image Plate SH23.  The design for these polka dots is slightly different, as the polka dots are larger in the middle and get smaller as you get away from the center of the image.  However, on my nails, the design just ended up looking kind of like I messed up some of the dots.  That's okay though, as most people don't inspect my nails this closely.  From arm's length it looked fine.
If you can find Caribbean Coral around, I would definitely suggest picking it up.  I believe it may be a discontinued shade because I had to search all over God's Green Earth to find it and when I did, it was discounted at $0.75.  A good deal but too bad if they are discontinuing it, as it is a gorgeous polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment