Monday, July 2, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Orange

I really love the look of this Sinful Colors polish but I HATE the formula!!  This lovely orange shade is Cloud 9 and it's a bright sheer orange with lots of pretty orange and gold shimmer.  But I hate sheer polishes and I hate visible nail line.  So that's where it all went down.
After applying a base coat, I started off with one coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On.  I thought applying white underneath of this sheer polish would eliminate the sheerness and also really make the color pop.  It definitely did do that but things got ugly from there on.
After the white was dry, I applied my first coat of Cloud 9.  It was streaky and very sheer and you could still tell I had white on under it.  Then I applied a second coat of Cloud 9 and got a little too cocky, because I applied a rather thick coat of it in order to reach the opacity I wanted in less coats.  Well I should have known better because even after applying a quick dry top coat, that polish would not dry!  It looks fine in the pictures because I took them immediately after polishing but let's just say within a few hours this manicure was covered with dents, dings, and fingerprints.  Next time I think I'll skip the base coat of white and just go with three or four thin coats of Cloud 9.  Lesson learned.  Patience Grasshopper, for more thin coats works better than one thick coat of polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment