Sunday, July 8, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Metallic

I knew that I didn't want to go with the traditional silver or gold foil for this challenge and I'm not 100% sure that this qualifies as a metallic but it does in my book, so let's go with it!  The shade is Pink Satin but it's not satin at all!  I don't know what my deal is, but whenever I see these frosty metallic polishes in the bottle, I always think I'm going to hate them on my nail.  This polish sat in my untried collection for ages until this challenge and just like First Time, I ended up loving it!
I bought this polish with the desire to collect all of the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line not really anticipating that I would ever really like it much.  So wrong!  First of all, this polish is truly a one coater.  After one coat, it was completely opaque!  Completely!  I looked and looked but couldn't find any patchiness or bald spots.  However, knowing that sometimes the camera can pick up what the naked eye can't, I went with a second coat.  Application was easier than I thought, with brush strokes actually not being as bad as I had anticipated.  This is also a good polish to stamp with.
I had low expectations for this polish but I really ended up not wanting to take it off.  I think I secretly love the extreme reflective qualities of these frosty metallic polishes.  I guess I'm not alone since Essie's Mirrored Metallics Collection has been gathering a lot of attention.  I'd love to find a cheaper alternative to their Blue Rapsody, which is a light blue metallic.  Anyone know of a light metallic blue that doesn't cost eight dollars?  I bet Pure Ice has one.  I'll have to look into that.

8 comments:

  1. What's the name of that polish?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have just missed it, but what color is this? I really like this color. It looks really great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! You didn't miss it, I forgot to include it! It's Pink Satin.

      Delete
  3. What color is this, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: a metallic blue under $8 - I just picked up Maybelline Color Show in Blue Blowout for about $4. It swatches lighter than it looks in the bottle, but I can't vouch for the formula yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete