Tuesday, July 31, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Inspired by a Tutorial

It wasn't really a tutorial that I was inspired by but it was someone else's design that I had copied.  I'll just say that mine isn't nearly as good as the original look that I saw on My Nail Graffiti's blog but it's still super fun to do!  It's supposed to be a sort of stained glass look.
Polishes I Used
Sorry for the picture spam but I loved this and wanted to showcase it in all sorts of lightings and finishes.  I'll show you how I did it.
After my base coat, I applied two coats of this tiny Sally Girl nail polish in Surf's Up.  It's a pretty greenish teal creme but it took so long to dry!  I am impatient!
Next I used an eyeshadow applicator sponge to apply some spots of Spoiled's Plenty of Fish in the Sea.  I needed to go over it to make it darker so that's basically two coats.
Then in any areas that didn't get Plenty of Fish in the Sea, I sponged on Essie's Shine of the Times to give the polish a "lit from within" look.
Finally I stamped over everything with Wet N Wild Wild Shine in Black Creme and Bundle Monster Image Plate BM208.  I added a shiny topcoat and this is what I ended up with.  This photo above is taken in direct sunlight.
This photo is in artificial lighting.
I took this picture in low lighting so you could see how Shine of the Times can really seem to glow.  Too bad you can also see the flakies left over on my cuticles but oh well!
Another artificial lighting photo.
Finally, the next day I wanted to see what this mani would look like matte so I gave it a coat of Hard Candy Mattely In Love.  I can't decide which one I like more!

1 comment: