Sunday, July 29, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Inspired by the Supernatural

I didn't really know where to go with this challenge at first, but then I decided that a sort of phoenix life cycle would be fun and supernatural and I actually had a lot of fun creating this design.
For my base color, I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Malt, which is a great nude cream.  It was two coats of wonderful application with super shine.  It made a great base.
On the index, thumb, and ring fingers I stamped Bundle Monster Image Plate BM314 (the phoenix) with Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Rapid Red.  On my middle finger, I stamped BM202 (flames) with Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Lightening (yellow) and Heat Flash (orange).  On my ring fingers and pinky, I sponged on Pure Ice in Kiss Me Here (dark gray), Wet N Wild Wild Shine in Black Creme, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On.
My idea for the life cycle was the start of the phoenix, the phoenix bursting into flames, the ashes left behind, and finally the phoenix rising from the ashes.

2 comments:

  1. So Pretty!! I don't like nail art on myself, but it's beautiful on others. I love the red phoenix!!

    ReplyDelete