Friday, July 27, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Inspired by Artwork

I'll be honest... I really just wanted to use my new Bundle Monster nail image plate with the owls!!  I love cartoon owls and this is image is one of the reasons I bought this set of plates.  So really I just found a piece of artwork with owls and tried my best to imitate the color scheme.  The original artwork piece that I copied can be purchased here.
The base color I used for this manicure was a peachy creme shade.  This is from the Julie G line and the shade is 9 to 5.  I really had high hopes for this polish, as it was a unique color and I love Julie G, who is a wonderfully sweet guru.  However, this particular shade was very disappointing.  I used three coats and it was still streaky and the formula was really difficult to work with.
I stamped over 9 to 5 with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Brisk Blue.  I used the full nail owl image on Bundle Monster Image Plate BM309.  This image transferred really well, just like all of the other images I've tried from this Bundle Monster set.  SO CUTE!
And here's a close up of the cute little owl on my thumb!  How sassy is he?!?  Love!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness the owls are SO cute! Good color combo too!

    ReplyDelete