Thursday, July 26, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Inspired by a Pattern

Just In Case
This manicure was inspired by the pattern in Sheldon Cooper's mother's dress in an episode of The Big Bang Theory.  You can see some photos of the dress here.  It's a dark brown background with blue paisley print.  I like the way it turned out but it wasn't an easy trip to get there.  When I when to start painting my nails, I grabbed what I thought was Essence Colour & Go in Just In Case but I accidentally grabbed Luxury Secret instead and didn't realize it until I was all done painting!
Luxury Secret
The photo at the top of this post is the final, fixed manicure using Just In Case.  Since I had the pictures of both manicures, I figured I might as well share them both.  The photo directly above this paragraph was taken using Luxury Secret.
Just In Case
Above is a swatch of Just In Case.  This was two easy coats.  It's a lovely medium brown frosty color.  If you aren't careful, this can get a bit brush strokey but it's not too bad.  I think it's a great shade!
Just In Case
For the paisley print, I stamped using Pure Ice in Pussy Cat, which is a light frosty blue.  I used Bundle Monster Image Plate BM315.  The detail is awesome!  These new plates are really impressive!
Luxury Secret
This photo above is a swatch of Luxury Secret.  Again two coats that can leave some visible brush strokes but it applies very easily.  This is a dark grayish brown frosty that's quite lovely.
Luxury Secret
I stamped with the same plate and polish as the other look.  I feel like Just In Case was more of what I was going for but I really liked both!  Which one do you think looks the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment