Wednesday, July 25, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Inspired by Fashion

When looking for some inspiration for this fashion inspired manicure, I came across this photo on eBay.
[Source]
First of all, I want this dress!  Second of all, great colors, great design and not too hard to copy!  I started off with two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Posh Plum.  This base is a bit darker than the dress but you get the idea.  It's a great deep magentaish color with blue undertones and the most subtle lovely shimmer.  Drool!
Next, I stamped using Sally Hansen Color Quick in Gold Chrome.  I used Bundle Monster Image Plate BM323 to replicate the gorgeous gold belt of this dress.  I tried my best to stamp the design across the center to keep the same look as the dress.
The image I chose wasn't an exact match for the belt but I think it gives the same feel.  I think this looks great and I was really impressed with how well this image stamped.  Look at all the fine little details!  I'm really impressed with these new plates from Bundle Monster!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! How long does the Sally Hansen last without chipping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends. Sometimes it will chip in a day and sometimes after four days it will still look brand new. Usually I change my polish every two days even if it isn't chipped.

      Delete