Sunday, July 22, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Inspired by a Movie

I really don't watch a lot of movies at all so this was a new sort of challenge for me.  Luckily, I had recently seen The Vow with my hubby, and fell in love with Paige's wedding dress.  It was a girly, nontraditional peachy pink thing with flowers.  So pretty!
I started with this peachy pink creme.  This is three temperamental, crummy coats of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Sweetie Pie.  It was still streaky after three coats, it never dried, and I may never use this polish again except for the fact that it is so feminine and stunning on the nails.  And shiny!  But a total pain.
To get the subtle flowers, I stamped a flower image from my Salon Effects Image Plates with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Snappy Sorbet.  Then I put a little dot of Spoiled's Shrimp on the Barbie in the center of each flower to make it stand out a little bit.
This didn't turn out exactly like I had envisioned it so that was a bit of a bummer but I wouldn't classify as a fail manicure.  This one goes into my so-so category.

2 comments: