Wednesday, July 18, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Half Moons

Oh, what a fail.  I knew this would be, as I just stink at manicures where you have to stick things to your nails.  LOL  I always end up getting them stuck all over me and I stink at aiming!  The idea of this manicure was good and anyone else could probably make it look really good but that's okay!  It was good to try something different.
For the base color, I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in Frozen Solid.  I originally bought this thinking that it would be a shimmery light blue but I didn't realize that it was so sheer.  I really dislike sheer polishes so I'm pretty sure I'll be giving this away to my friend's daughter.  I used two coats of Frozen Solid, focusing more in the cuticle area than the tips, since they would be covered anyway.
I then used binder reinforcement rings to create the semi-circle shape at the cuticles.  This wouldn't have turned out so badly if I was better at placing the rings.  Once the rings were on, I applied a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Co-Bolt Blue, which is a lovely navy with some shimmer.  Then I quickly removed the rings.
From arm's length, this didn't look too bad.  It was just up close that you could really see that the half moons ended up all different shapes and sizes.  Good color combo but bad execution.

1 comment: