Tuesday, July 10, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Gradient

How summery and cute are these nails?!?  I can't take the credit for this idea though, because I totally copied from Pam's Girly Bits after seeing her Tropical Palm Tree design on Pinterest.  Again, I'll be posting a tutorial on how I got this look so I'll keep this post simple.
I started with one coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On.  For the gradient, I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri polishes in Lightening, Heat Flash, and Flashy Fuchsia.  Then I stamped over the gradient using Wet N Wild Wild Shine in Black Creme and Shany Image Plate SH19.
I've noticed that the Sally Hansen Insta Dri line polishes seem to work really well for nail art and gradients and stamping in particular.  Each time I used them for gradients, I only had to do one coat for full opacity.  I'm not a huge fan of them for every day painting though.

No comments:

Post a Comment