Saturday, July 14, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Flowers

This challenge was completely within my comfort zone, as I love flower nail art!  The base color for this manicure is Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Pumped Up Pink.  This pink polish with silver shimmer really surprised me, as it could have easily been a one coater.  Amazing!
I normally only use my Insta Dri polishes for stamping because they are slightly more expensive than what I normally pay for polishes and I also am not a huge fan of the brush, as it tends to pick up way too much polish for my preference.  However, when I saw this at Target, I knew I had to have it for a base color.  This is one of those super girly Barbie colors and I would have been happy to wear this with nothing over it.  And no, there was no visible nail line, even at only one coat.  This baby is opaque!
I wanted to stamp purple over this, as I was thinking pink and purple with flowers would make a totally cute girly manicure.  I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Pronto Purple and Bundle Monster Image Plate BM224 to stamp.  But then I got a surprise!
When I stamped over this pink with dark purple, it turned out looking like a darker shade of pink!?! I'm not sure why this turned out pink, as you can clearly see in the bottle that it's quite a deep purple.  Maybe the red tones in the purple were brought out by the pink? I don't know!  I still think it looks lovely but it was not what I was expecting.  Maybe next time I'll try stamping over Pumped Up Pink with Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Grape Escape instead, as it is a more blue leaning purple.  Still love this though!

No comments:

Post a Comment