Thursday, July 5, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Blue

Okay, how stinking cute are these seahorses?!?  LOL  I know their little tails face the wrong way (Google it), but I still love them!!!  I started off this manicure with Essie's Coat Azure.  I have a love/hate relationship with Essie polishes.  I hate the formula.  It takes foreeeeeeeeever to dry on me.  Half the time I end up with balding or drag and streaks but I guess I finally got ahold of this whole nail painting thing because while I did have to wait a long time between coats, I was able to get this to look really great after just two coats.  The thing I love about Essie is that it lasts for ages on me.  I could easily go four days before you even start to really see tip wear.
Coat Azure is a really pretty medium blue with super subtle shimmer.  If you enlarge the pictures of the polish without stamping, you might get a look at that pretty hidden shimmer.  In my opinion, this is a really beachy sort of blue that just inspired me to think of the ocean.
With water in mind, I stamped over this using Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Silver Sweep, which I think is the most amazing silver stamping polish ever!  The seahorse image plate was in the set Salon Express set that I blogged about here.  I love those anatomically incorrect seahorsies!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this!! Will absolutely be trying this out!

    ReplyDelete