Friday, July 13, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Animal Print

After some pretty loud polka dots and stripes, I was ready for something a little more subdued on my nails.  However, today's challenge of animal print is one that I often think of as very loud (rainbow zebra loud).  Since I already did zebra, I decided to go for leopard print this time.  I loved this look!  It's a little edgy but still subtle and you had to sort of get close to realize that it was leopard print.
I started off with two coats of Pure Ice in Iced Copper.  This is a frosty metallic copper.  It was super easy application and I didn't even really notice brush strokes being too bad on the nail.
Next, I stamped on the leopard print using Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Coco-A-Gogo, which is a dark brown in the bottle.  On the nail, it transferred slightly lighter but still showed up quite well.  I used the leopard stamp from Bundle Monster Image Plate BM221 and topped it all off with my beloved NYC Grand Central Station.
And since today's theme was animal print, I thought I would share a cute picture of my kitties that I took a little while ago.  All three of them are basking in the sun in front of our sliding glass door.  These cats are such Floridians!

2 comments: