Monday, June 18, 2012

Ulta Haul!

While out and about today, Brian was a wonderful husband and took me to Ulta.  Our Ulta back home seems to pretty much always be sold out of everything.  (Rant: How is that even possible?  Drives me nuts!  Grr!)  But by some miracle, this Ulta had lots of items in stock that I've been trying to get my hands on for months.  Additionally, I had a coupon for $3.50 off of a $10 purchase.  Also, NYX was on sale for buy one item, get one item 50% off.  And there was a clearance sale on a bunch of Essence products.  Needless to say, I picked up a few items!  Here's what I got and the current prices.
* NYX Slide On, Glide On, Stay On & Definitely a Turn On Waterproof Extreme Shine Eyeliner in Brown Perfection, $7.99
* NYX Megashine Lipgloss in Nude Peach, $5.49
* NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Glow, $6.99
* NYX 2-in-1 Pencil Sharpener, $4.49


It seemed to me that I didn't remember NYX being that expensive!  But I like their items and I'm on vacation, so I'll let it slide.  ;)


* Essence Colour & Go Nail Polish in Just in Case, $0.49
* Essence Colour & Go Nail Polish in Luxury Secret, $0.79
* Essence Colour & Go Nail Polish in Wanna Be Your Sunshine, $0.99
* Essence Colour & Go Nail Polish in Let's Get Lost, $0.99
* Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss in Sparkling Papaya, $1.99
* Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Coppy Right, $2.99
* Essence Limited Edition Legends of the Sky Powder Blush in No Better Way to Sky, $2.49

8 comments:

  1. Great haul! I love essence stuff, it seems like everyone neglects it but its cheap and works well
    http://labelleseraphine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I have a lot of Essence products that I really like.

      Delete
  2. Great haul. I was in the US recently and finally had the chance to check out Ulta, after hearing so much about it on Youtube. I was especially interested in the NYX products, since they are hard to find where I live. I don't know about your Ultas but I went to two of them (both quite far from where we were staying) and both times I wasn't impressed by the cashiers; they looked like they were in such a rush to get rid of me. The first time I bought the eyeshadow base and their nude matte eyeshadow (buy 1 get one 50% off) but I ended up needing to return the eyeshadow so thought I'd get another base in its place...for some reason, the cashier ended up charging me as if I was repurchasing two bases instead of exchanging the eyeshadow for one. I ended up paying just over $7 when I should have paid only $3, given the "credit" I received from the returned eyeshadow. So, I ended up paying for three eyeshadow bases but came out with only two. Grr. When I asked her about it, she just hurriedly answered something about store credit and, since I'm new to returning makeup, I thought she'd returned the amount to my credit card. Checked my receipt in the car as we drove away and that wasn't the case. I didn't go back to fight for my $3 or $4 but needless to say, I'm not happy. What is up with them being in such a rush?? It's not like there was anyone behind me in line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo! The customer service is definitely not great at Ulta. I have had many occasions where the employees were far more interested in gossiping than in helping me. I hope you at least like the products you bought.

      Delete
  3. Nice haul; I love NYX cream blush and lipgloss. I wonder if the BOGO sale is still going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the BOGO on NYX is over but there are some other brands that are BOGO 50% off this week.

      Delete
  4. I'm totally fed up with ULTA. The last four times I've gone, new advertisement in hand, they are out of everything I want featured on sale. Then they give me the same story that I missed their restocking day. I'm sticking to sephora from now on.

    PS: there is another limited edition essence collection out with a marbled mineral blush called twirlpool that is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that problem a lot with Ulta being sold out too. I've found I prefer to just shop online from them so then I know I get what I want. I'll have to look for that other Essence blush. I really like the one I got!

      Delete