Friday, June 15, 2012

Pedicure Problems

Whew!  Another busy week!  Two doctor's appointments, a workshop, and trying to get ready for Pittsburgh has not left me much free time this week.  But I finally have a minute to share a pedicure with you.
I started out with two coats of Essie's Meet Me at Sunset, a deep bright shiny orange.  The photo above is the most color accurate picture that I could get and it was taken without topcoat.  See that shine?  This is a great summer color and I think it might have been part of a collection that came out last summer.  The color was great, but things go downhill from here so be prepared.
Then I stamped on the nautilus image from Shany Image Plate SH04 using Essie's Blanc.  The little nautilus was so cute but I stink at stamping my toes!  Half the time I can't get the image centered and so it ends up in some wonky place!  And I always forget the trick of putting on a topcoat before you stamp because then if you mess up, the stamp comes off really easily with some polish remover and you can try again without redoing the whole pedicure.  So the stamps look really stupid but Blanc is not a very opaque white to stamp with so the bad stamping wasn't noticeable most of the time.  I have learned my lesson though and from now on, I will be topcoating those toes before I stamp them.  D'oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment