Tuesday, June 26, 2012

New Stuff

Now that I'm off of my makeup spending ban, I've been picking up new stuff like crazy.  This is how it starts!  LOL!  But I'm having fun playing with some new items to my collection.  A few I bought before we left for Pittsburgh, and a few I bought while I was there.  This morning, we leave for Saint Pete Beach and I plan on picking up some things while we are there too.  Brian has a four day, three night workshop there and his school is putting us up in a hotel on the beach for free!  Yay!  We just have to pay for food for me, gas, and any additional things we want to do.  It's too bad there is a lovely tropical storm here in Florida, which kind of spoils the weather but it should still be fun.  Our hotel does not have free Internet so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get these posts up.  I'm going to try to schedule them automatically, but I know that feature hasn't always worked for me in the past so we'll see.  Anyway, on to the stuff!
First, let's start with the stuff I bought here in Saint Augustine before we left for Pittsburgh.  At CVS, I picked up the Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder in Translucent Light.  For Christmas, Brian had bought me a set that had this same powder in Translucent and I liked it a lot but it was too dark.  I got the lighter shade to try out instead.  While at CVS, I also picked up three shades from the new Wet N Wild Spoiled Nail Polish collection.  I bought Distant Memory, Cougar Attack, and Plenty of Fish in the Sea.  To be honest, I only bought Cougar Attack because I thought the name was funny!  But I was really disappointed because the Spoiled color I was really looking for, Shrimp on the Barbie, was sold out.  Bummer.


Then next, I went to Walmart to pick up a few things for our travels.  While I was there, I also bought two more L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows.  I have Bronzed Taupe and love it so I thought I would give these two shades a try.  Left is Amber Rush, a shimmery reddish bronze, and Iced Latte, a shimmery nude cream.  I also picked up a seven way nail buffer, which I use a lot when I do my nails.  My old one was in rough shape so it got replaced.
I happened to pass by one other CVS that day so I stopped in and they had Shrimp on the Barbie so I picked it up!  It's a light pink with tons of golden fleck shimmer.  It almost makes it look like a salmon color.  It's really pretty and different from anything I have so I added it to my polish collection.
Lastly, while we were in Pittsburgh, in addition to my Ulta haul, I also picked up these two nail polishes at Rite Aid, mostly because I can't get them back in Florida.  (No Rite Aids here, sad!)  The first is from a brand I've never seen or heard or before so I had to get something!  It's the brand Chameleon and the shade is called Corona.  The brand just seemed to be made up of several duochrome colors, including one that I think was called Heat Wave, which turned from bright orange to soft coral.  I picked out Corona because it seemed a little more unique to me.  In some lights, it looks pink (like above) but it can also turn to a soft rosey brown or even look a little green.  It seemed like more of a neutral than most of the other brighter, louder colors.  And finally, I picked up one of the JulieG Nail Polishes.  Again, I really don't have anything like this in my collection.  The shade is called 9 to 5 and it's a soft pastel peach.  Very pretty, but I have a feeling it will be a big pain to apply.

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I really love the wet n wild nail polish color Shrimp on the Barbie!! Its gorgeous, I'm going to see if its at my local drugstore :) Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good luck finding that nail polish.

      Delete