Wednesday, June 6, 2012

More Pics: Salon Express

Last week I had written a post about the Salon Express Nail Stamping Kit that I had found at Big Lots for $6.50.  This kit came with five image plates, a stamper, scraper, and a plate holder.  I had shared pictures of the contents but had forgotten to take pictures of the packaging.  After discussing this awesome buy with a few friends at work, several of them had mentioned that if I found the kit again to let them know.  A few days later, I swung by the Big Lots in my area and that store also had the kits so I picked some up for my friends and this time remembered to snap pictures of the outside!
After using a few of the images, I can say that they are kind of hit and miss.  I had great success with the sea horse but could not for the life of me get the little heart design to stamp right, even after trying different stampers, scrapers, and nail polishes, including a Konad special polish.  But for the cheap price point, I still think it's worth it.  My friends at work had mentioned seeing a similar set at Walmart for $5 that had a stamper, scraper and only one plate so I think this is a good bargain for someone who wants to experiment with stamping.  Has anyone else tried this set?

2 comments:

  1. I have this set and I have used a few times. I don't have a lot of patience so I find these kids of things don't work out well for me. The first time I did it it actually didn't turn out too bad. The few times after that I didn't do very well. I know it takes practice and you have to take your time. I'll have to give it a shot again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely found that it takes patience but it's so easy and a fun way to jazz up a manicure or pedicure! Good luck!

      Delete