Thursday, June 28, 2012

Makeup Packing for Vacation

Brian had an all expenses paid workshop this week in St. Pete Beach, Florida so we've had the chance to spend four days and three nights at a hotel on the beach.  I thought I would share with you the makeup that I packed for our short little vacation.
I used my Modella makeup bag that I bought last year at Walmart.  I like it because it's a good size and it zips all the way around to keep your makeup secure inside.  Also, on the lid it has a smaller zipped pouch that's perfect for smaller items like eyeliners.
EYE PRODUCTS:
- e.l.f. Eyelash curler
- Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner in Nude Eyes: Champagne shade
- Almay Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette
- Essence Longlasting Eyeliner in Almost Famous 
- Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner in Nude Eyes: Pewter shade
- e.l.f. Essentials Eyelid Primer (I use it undereye)
- mini Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Wet N Wild Megalash Clinical Mascara
- Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Glam Black
- Wet N Wild Eyeshadow in Brulee
- Wet N Wild Eyeshadow in Nutty
- e.l.f. Studio eyeshadow in Pebble
- NYX Eyeshadow in Sahara
- NYX Eyeshadow in Dark Brown


FACE PRODUCTS:
- N.Y.C. Bronzer in Sunny
- Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation in Translucent Light
- Cover Girl Clean Foundation in Ivory
- Pixi Brightening Peach Correction Concentrate
- Neutrogena Moisture Shine Lip Soother in Glow
- Essence Lipstick in Coralize Me
- Rimmel Lipstick in Airy Fairy
- Hard Candy Lip Gloss in Cake Walk
- Essence Lip Gloss in Sparkling Papaya
- Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer in Ivory
- mini Hard Candy Sheer Envy Face Primer
- Essence Legends of the Sky Powder Blush in No Better Way to Sky
- Milani Minerals Blush in Mai Tai
(NOTE: All lip products were actually stashed in my purse.  I didn't have to pack any because I hoard so many!)


Last, I also brought a few brushes and other tools in a separate bag.
This is a Caboodles brush case that came in a set I bought a few years ago.  It's nice because the lid has an area for brushes and there is also some storage space for other items.
BRUSHES:
- e.l.f. Professional shadow brush
- Studio 35 contour brush
- SOHO crease brush
- Studio Tools crease brush
- EcoTools crease brush
- Studio 35 stippling brush
- Mary Kay Mineral Foundation brush
OTHER ITEMS:
- Microfiber rag (useful for wiping off excess makeup from brushes)
- Milani Nail Polish (see below for more info)
- mascara wand for separating lashes after applying mascara
- tissues
- pointed Q-tips
- Carmex lip balm
So this is a closer look at that Milani nail polish.  The shade is called Beach Front and I bought it here in St. Pete.  I've been wanting this color for a little while now and the CVS down the street had it in stock.  Too appropriate!  It's a light blue with silver shimmer although the hotel lighting doesn't really show the color very true to life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going away in a few weeks and I think a must for me is the bare minerals powder foundation as it almost adapts to your skin tone should I tan a little bit! Also, my chanel lip gloss in bliss is a beautiful colour for the summer! I don't tend to bother with makeup that much when I'm away but I always end up packing a ridiculous amount anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Bare Minerals powder foundation sounds great! Enjoy your trip!

      Delete