Monday, May 7, 2012

Manicure Monday: Sun Kissed Oranges

Artificial lighting
Phew!  After a week of manicure blog posts, I'm nearly caught up on sharing my nail polish pictures with you!  Today we are back to Manicure Monday and I have one of my all time favorite manicures to share with you.  I did not come up with this idea but I first saw it here when Let Them Have Nails did it for the 31 day nail challenge.  I've had this picture pinned for awhile now and knew I had to eventually recreate it.
Direct sunlight
I used two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed.  Perfect application!  Then I stamped over it with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening with Bundle Monster plate BM04 using the cute fruit design. I  smeared some of the designs when stamping them but you couldn't tell unless you looked up close.
My favorite part of this manicure was that it lasted FOREVER!  I painted my nails Sunday evening and by Thursday night there was barely even any tip wear!  I'm attributing the amazing wear to a new top coat and top coating method.  I read a suggestion on Oooh, Shinies! to use a "floating" top coat where you basically apply top coat without the brush ever touching your nail.  Instead, you load up the brush with lots of polish.  For this mani, I used N.Y.C. Longwearing Top Coat.

4 comments: