Monday, May 21, 2012

Manicure Monday: Lime & Hot Pink

My husband helped me pick out the color combination for this one.  I knew I wanted to use Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Green With Envy but Brian picked out the hot pink color to stamp with and I love it!  Very springy/summery.  One coat of Orly Bonder Base Coat followed by two coats of Green With Envy.  Then I stamped on this flower image from Shany plate SH16 using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Flashy Fuchsia.  If you haven't already checked out my page above on my stamping polishes, you might want to take a look.  Finally, I applied a floating top coat using N.Y.C. Longwearing Nail Polish in Extra Shiny Top Coat.  Then things went sour.
You can probably see it the best in this picture above, but when I added the NYC Top Coat, it made tons of bubbles appear.  The bubbling is the worst on my ring finger.  I'm not sure why this happened.  I didn't shake up the bottle or run the brush over and over the same spot.  I will now be doing some experimenting to see if this is a consistent problem with this top coat or just a one time thing.
The great thing about this manicure was that it wore like titanium!  I painted my nails Tuesday night and by Saturday morning, I had only minimal tip wear but NO chips!  Finally by Saturday evening, the polish was starting to chip in a few places but that kind of wear is unheard of for me.  It was almost worth all the bubbling because that was a particularly busy week for me and I didn't really have time to repaint.  Again, I'll see if this is the top coat or just coincidence.



6 comments:

  1. Isn't greeen with envy gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love that color combo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colors. They remind me of the really pretty Craftsman style homes they have in Pasadena. The stamp, too. How did you learn to stamp things? How did you get started? I really want to check out that stamping technique.

    Thanks!

    @BeautyJonesToo
    beautyjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered a starter stamping kit from Amazon and watched some YouTube videos on how to use it. There was no turning back from there! It's actually quite easy, except that I still have trouble getting it to stamp exactly where I want it, but practice makes perfect!

      Delete