Monday, May 14, 2012

Manicure Monday: Fuchsia Power

I started off this manicure with Orly Bonder Base Coat, followed by two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Fuchsia Power.  This is a beautiful hot pink creme shade that makes a perfect addition to your summer polish collection.  Application and dry time are always a breeze for me with this line of nail polish.
Next, I used my new Shany Image Plates and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Silver Sweep to stamp this beautiful leafy image.  The design comes from plate SH05.  I stamped it on diagonally and this time I stamped each hand opposite, as you can see below.
I used a thin layer of N.Y.C. In A New York Color Minute in Grand Central Station as a top coat.  This is not actually labeled as a top coat but I've read from many nail bloggers that this is one of the best top coats around and for only $1.99, why not give it a try?  However, this manicure was chipping on me within less than twenty-four hours.  You can see the wear in the second photo if you enlarge it.  I think the problem might have been that I used a thin layer of top coat.  I've recently been experimenting with floating top coat (where the brush doesn't touch the nail) and I've had much more success in general with my manicures lasting.  My jury is still out on this top coat but I think it's every bit as good (and fast drying!) as my Seche Vite, at a quarter of the price!
I was so sad that this manicure only lasted two days but I definitely could see myself doing a pink/silver combo again soon.  Bright pinks are some of my favorite shades of polish.  What are your favorite polish shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment