Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mail Call: Shany Nail Stamping Plates

I have really been enjoying my Bundle Monster Nail Stamping Plates lately so I decided I wanted to buy some more plates.  Many of the Bundle Monster plates are full nail designs and they don't really fit all that well on my fingernails, as my fingernails are on the larger size (even when short).  So I was on the hunt for some plates that had more smaller images.  I looked at blogs and Amazon.com and picked out the Shany Nail Art Plates because of the large number of small nail designs.  I also thought they had some cute designs that I would get a lot of use out of, like the bumblebee.  (The mascot of the school I work at is the bee!)  The set of 25 plates was only $11.99 and I got free shipping from Amazon because I spent over $25.00 (also ordered American Dad on DVD).  You can see the designs on every one of the plates at Makeup Talk.
The plates come in this box with the Shany butterfly logo on the front and a picture of their nail art set on the back.  Inside the box, is this note:
The note basically says that Shany is a small company trying to expand and if you write reviews for them on Amazon.com, they will send you free items to try.  I did not write a review for them and I did pay full price for these plates, with my own money.
Also inside the box are the nail plates, which come in a plastic wrapper.
All twenty-five plates were there, with a blue plastic protective film on the front and back of the plate.  I had to peel the film off of the plates, which wasn't too difficult.  I left the film on the back of the plates to protect my fingers.  The film will serve to prevent you from cutting your fingers on the sharp edges of the plates.  I'm not sure if the film will hold up after being covered with polish and polish remover, but we'll see.
I looked around a lot for reviews or information about these plates online, but to be honest, there wasn't much.  I haven't had a chance to try them yet so I don't know how they compare to Konad or Bundle Monster but I'm really excited to try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment