Saturday, April 28, 2012

REALLY Shopping My Stash

I've been thinking to myself for awhile now that it would be pretty cool to find a way to be sure I use all of my makeup at least once.  I kept thinking it would be neat to move all of my makeup to one spot and only put it away after I've used it.  This way I would know every bit of makeup that I have or have not used over a given period of time.  Today I finally figured out a way to do just that.  I cleared out two drawers of my large storage container.  See below.
Then I removed all of my eyeliners, eyeshadows, blushes, bronzers, highlighters, and lipsticks from their normal storage and divided them into the two drawers.  Then I went through all of my recent (since April 1, 2012) shopping my stash lists and removed any products that I had used recently and put them back into their usual storage in Sterilite drawers.  (Like the one pictured below.)
So the idea is that I will really be shopping my stash from the two sets of drawers of items that I haven't yet used.  This way, I don't end up shopping my stash and just using the same items over and over again.  I think this will really force me to use some products that I haven't used in a really long time.  Maybe I will find a new favorite!  I was going to list all of the items that I had set aside but then I realized that the list would be a mile long.  Instead, I took some pictures.
These are the eyeshadows I haven't yet shopped from my stash.  I also have a few palettes but I am storing them somewhere else because they wouldn't fit in the drawers.
In this second drawer, I have a small basket holding all of my eyeliners and one holding lipsticks also.  In front of the baskets, I have all of my blushes, highlighters, and bronzers. I think this will be a fun way to get more use out of what I have.  It will also be interesting to see how long it takes to use every item.  Sometimes I swear I could use a different eyeshadow every day for a year and never use the same thing twice!


The last picture I have to share with you is my fat cat, Nero.  He was lounging around on the floor next to where I was taking pictures and he was just too cute not to share!  Usually he follows Brian everywhere and only hangs out with me if Brian isn't around (I'm his second pick, LOL) but today he was highly interested in this makeup rearrangement so I had the rare chance to snap a picture of him.  Isn't he adorable?

2 comments:

  1. Cool idea! I need to rework my storage. I have some Bare Minerals shadows and blushes that I don't reach for due to how they're stored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that problem with my palettes. They are stored somewhere different than the rest of my shadows and blushes and I always forget about them!

      Delete