Saturday, April 7, 2012

Project X Pan

Last week I posted my Project X Pan video but I felt like I still had more to say after putting some more thought into my project.  In this post, I'm going to lay out my (very simple) rules for my project as well as share some items I've already finished, some items I want to finish up, and some items with which I'd like to make progress.  If you haven't seen the video yet, I've linked it below.
The Rules:
1. Timeframe - I will follow the rules of my Project X Pan until June 8th and no earlier.
2. Replacements - The only reason I can purchase items is to replace items that I have completely finished and don't have replacements for.  I'm pretty sure I'll run out of mascara before June 8th.
     So basically, I can't buy anything until June 8th unless I've completely run out of that sort of item.  That's it!


What I've Used Already:
The four products pictured above are items I've already finished.  Go me!
1. Bodycology Brown Sugar Vanilla Body Cream
2. Up and Up Eye Wise Serum
3. Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner Trio for Nude Eyes (Pewter shade)
4. Softlips Vanilla Lipbalm


Products I Want To Use Completely:
These are all products (mostly for hair) that I want to use up in their entirety before June 8th.  I'm thinking that's probably a lofty goal but even if I just make a dent in them, at least I can say I tried.
1. Garnier Fructis Curl Construct Mousse
2. Herbal Essences Curl Define & Hold Creme
3. Tresemme Thermal Creations Mousse
4. Tresemme No Frizz Shine Spray
5. So Gorgeous Volumizing Root Mousse
6. Proactiv Oil Free Moisturizer


Makeup I Want To Use Completely:
These are all items that I would like to use up in their entirety.  Most of them are face or eye makeup items.
1. e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set Spray
2. EOS Lipbalm
3. Too Faced Shadow Insurance
4. Almay Get Up & Grow Waterproof Mascara in Black
5. Jordana Fabubrow Eyebrow Pencil
6. Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner Trio for Blue Eyes (Black shade)
7. Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil in Almost Famous
8. Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner Trio for Blue Eyes (Brown shade)
9. Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner Trio for Nude Eyes (Champagne shade)
10. Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Pillow Talk
11. Wet N Wild Clinical Mascara
12. Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation SPF 50 in Translucent Light
13. Oh Lola! Sample
14. Sally Girl Eyeshadow Single in Champagne (I hit pan!!)
15. Viva La Juicy Sample
16. Cover Girl Ultimate Finish Foundation in Ivory


Products I Want To Put A Dent In:
These are all items that I don't anticipate completely using up but I would like to at least see some progress on them.
1. Victoria's Secret Body Splash in Love Spell
2. Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Bronzer in Fair
3. N.Y.C. Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny
4. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Cream


So that's it!  However, I've also learned from experience with these projects that sometimes it takes way longer to finish an item than you think and sometimes you'll finish items that you didn't even realize were almost gone.  Part of the fun is seeing what you use up first!

4 comments:

  1. I think you're the only beauty guru I follow who manages to finish her mascaras before they "expire". I like that you use things until you finish them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I use mascaras up quickly because I wipe a some of the excess product off on a paper towel. Some people say it's wasteful but my lashes are so long and sparse that if I don't wipe off some of the product, my lashes will clump together and get that tarantula look. Not pretty.

      Delete
  2. Good Job! I'm also doing a project pan. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!! 200 Products! You have so much more will power than I do!! You should really be proud of yourself! :) Following now.

      Delete