Friday, April 13, 2012

Pedicure: Third Time's A Charm

The Third Try = Success!
I had this vision of a summery pedicure with a bright orange base and hot pink flowers.  Unfortunately, it was no where near as pretty in reality as it was in theory.  In reality, I just couldn't get hot pink to show up on orange.
I started out each time with two coats of Essie polish in Braziliant.  This is a lovely shimmery orange that is bright and fun - perfect for spring and summer!  Then I stamped over it with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Flashy Fuschia and Konad plate M2.  As you can pretty much see, it didn't show up so then I moved on to attempt #2.
Next, I thought maybe stickers would work better than stamping so this time I tried two pink butterfly stickers but that turned out even worse than the stamped flowers.   On to attempt #3.
And this one I'm happy with.  I just put on two Hawaiian-style flower stickers.  The third try was pretty cute and I love how bright, shiny, and happy this pedicure is.  And now after all that effort, it's time to take it off and try something new.  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment