Sunday, April 22, 2012

Manicure Monday: Mint Sorbet & Stamping

I can't even express how much I loved this manicure!  I was so sad that it chipped so quickly!  It was soft, feminine, and perfect for spring!
After applying my Orly Bonder Base Coat, I applied two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet.  Great application, as usual with this line.  The color is a soft pastel green mint creme.  So lovely!
Then I stamped over the green with Konad Special Polish in White and Bundle Monster Image Plate BM10.
I was really sad that this manicure chipped within less than 12 hours.  I'm beginning to think that my Seche Vite Top Coat may not be the ideal top coat for me.  While I love that it dries so quickly, I think it may be helping the polish to chip even faster.  In Decemeber, when I was using the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat, my nails lasted much longer.  However, the Insta-Dri was not so instant with dry time and I usually ended up smearing or smudging the polish before it completely dried.  Sometimes it was still tacky thirty minutes or more later.  Right now I am experimenting with NYC Longlasting Top Coat and so far on the two manicures I've used it with, I've had great success.  I just redid my nails with a gorgeous red so we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment