Monday, April 2, 2012

Manicure Monday: Mellow Yellow

I'm loving this bright, springy shade!  This is two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow.  However, since yellow shades can be such a pain in the behind to apply, I started out with a coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On underneath of Mellow Yellow.  White On is a really opaque white cream and it gave me the perfect base to layer Mellow Yellow over.  In fact, I could have probably gotten away with one coat of Mellow Yellow but I stuck with two to be sure I got even coverage.
Application was extremely easy.  I always find these Xtreme Wear polishes are easy to apply.  As with this shade, they usually last about two days on my fingernails before they start to chip.  I'm a little sad I'll be taking this off today but I'm hoping the next polish I pick is just as lovely.

9 comments:

  1. I just tagged you in the Get to know me tag! Hope to see your response!
    http://dianecristi.blogspot.com/2012/04/get-to-know-me-d.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your nails in your favorites video and I loved them! I'm pretty sure I picked this up at the end of summer last year. I'm going to paint my nails this color next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It is! That super bright yellow gets a lot of attention. It's so happy and sunny.

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    I liked your color of choice, yellow...looks great on you. After taking a look to your blogs and pictures I applied the color orange which looks quite feminine..I will show you the picture as well.Hope you will like it
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that the color on your profile picture? It's so pretty! I have orange on my toes right now!

      Delete
  5. yes, I got recently green color ,its looking nice but I guess only one coat will do ..As if I apply 2 coats it did not like that great...You can check the picture on the following link:
    http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=4382618099737594808#editor/target=post;postID=4916454509488402752

    Hope you give more clues about other colors as well..
    thanks, Sophie

    ReplyDelete