Wednesday, April 25, 2012

e.l.f. Essentials Shimmer Eyeliners

My husband purchased this set of five e.l.f. Shimmer Eyeliners for me for Christmas.  At the time, the set was available at Target for $5.  Currently, the shades are available individually at www.eyeslipsface.com for $1.00 each.
In the package that I got, the liners were not labeled with a shade name but from my best ability to match them to the ones available now, the colors I have are: Gunmetal, Black Bandit, Plum Passion, Boldly Bronzed, and Twinkle Teal.
These liners are very soft and glide on easily.  The colors are very nice but some are more shimmery than others.  The problem I have with these liners is that they are even easier to glide off your eyes than glide on your eyes.  Below I have swatched each shade.

After swatching, I waited about one minute for the liners to have time to set.  I then took one finger and very gently rubbed it across the swatches in one direction one time.  You can see how much the swatches smeared already.  Time did not help these liners to set at all.
Then I rubbed with a fair amount of pressure across the swatches forward and then backward.  This is what happened.
A hot smudged mess!  I was not very pleased at all with the lasting ability of these liners.  As a contact wearer, I tend to touch my eyes a fair amount during the day and these liners simply can't hold out well enough for me at all.  I don't foresee myself getting very much use at all out of these, especially when I can get lovely shimmer liners that will last from the drugstore.  Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliners might be a good deal more expensive than $1.00 each but at least I know they'll stay on my eyes and not end up on my fingers.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right about Physicians Formula eye liners being worth the money. I'd say we get our money's worth just by having them last for so long since we don't have to touch up throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete