Friday, April 20, 2012

Beauty and Clothing Haul

This week hubby and I have done a bit of shopping and I picked up several fun beauty and fashion related items.  Here's what I bought.

Turbie Twist: I've been loving the hot pink Turbie Twist that Brian bought me for Christmas but I wanted another one for when the first is dirty.  I saw this pack of two at Ross for only $5.99, which is the price you would usually pay for one.  The offer was too good to pass up! I bought the pack with a white and a purple Turbie Twist.


Belts: While I was at Ross, I also looked for a replacement belt.  I wear a thin black belt with most of my work slacks and my prior one has died.  It served me well for six years but finally it snapped in two so I needed a new one.  This two pack was $9.99 and it came with a black belt with little rhinestones and also a leopard print belt.

Wedge Heels: We stopped at Payless and they were having a buy one get one 50% off sale so I picked up these cute wedge heels.  I had a pair of cork-like wedge heels that I loved but like my old black belt, they've worn out to a sad state.  These pretty heels were $24.99 and they come in wide sizes too!

Sparkley Flip Flops:  In Florida, fancy flips flops are sort of a necessity.  I'm even allowed to wear them to work and these pretty little flip flop wedges (low heel) will look really nice with a pair of black slacks or a dress.  They were also $24.99 before sale price.

Nail Wheels: At Sally Beauty Supply, I picked up a pack of Nail Polish & Art Wheels.  I use these to swatch nail polishes as well as experiment with different polish combinations.  This pack contains 10 nail wheels with 18 nails each.  The pack is $5.39 with a Beauty Club Card or $5.99 with no card.

Makeup Wedges and Makeup Remover Wipes: I needed some makeup sponges to blend in the foundation I've been mixing.  (See this post.)  While I enjoy the combination, I needed some sponges for blending, as the brush I have been using has been a little harsh on my currently sensitive skin.  The makeup remover wipes are something that I use every now and then, mostly when I've worn waterproof mascara the day before because it can sometimes leave residue the next day.  The Neutrogena ones are gentle and effective.

Dress: This is what I was most excited about purchasing.  This pretty pink dress is from Target.  It's the Mossimo Juniors Kimono Dress.  It's a jersey knit fabric which is light and airy and I'm hoping to get a lot of use out of it this spring and summer.  It's $18.00 but I also noticed that Walmart has very similar dresses for around $10.

6 comments:

  1. I've heard wonders of the turbie twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mine! It's much less cumbersome than a regular bath towel in your hair.

      Delete
  2. I love how you're so frugal but can still manage to find such cute things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A teacher salary doesn't go that far so finding good sales is a useful skill.

      Delete
  3. That's what I love about you, that you manage to look good on a budget.

    ReplyDelete