Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Manicure

This is a quick post because it's been a busy Saint Patrick's Day for me!  I started this festive manicure with three coats of Sinful Colors in San Francisco.  It was pretty streaky but was fairly opaque by the third coat.  San Francisco is a pretty emerald green shimmer.
Next, I put on a layer of Sinful Colors in Green Ocean.  I've been lusting after Green Ocean since about October when I first saw it swatched but it's one of those shades that's only available at this time of year so when I saw it at Walgreens the other day, I grabbed it up.  Green Ocean is a flakie, with small chunks of green glitter and larger chunks of green, blue, and lavendar flakes, which look different depending on the lighting.
When all of that was dry, I stamped on a four leaf clover with Sally Hansen Color Quick in  Gold Chrome and Bundle Monster image plate BM03.  Finally, I covered it all with a coat of Seche Vite.
The next time I use Green Ocean, I think I will definitely add two coats of top coat because the larger chunks of glitter flakes are still rough and catching on things.  Lesson learned.
Blurry to show glitter
Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

2 comments: