Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Review: Olay ProX Face Brush


About me: I have combination skin, with very oily areas on the T-zone and normal skin on the cheeks.  My chin is very acne prone.  I had high hopes that this facial brush would help to cleanse my skin deeply and clear my acne.

Company Claims From the Company's Website:Professionally and clinically designed to cleanse 6 times better, the Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System also sets your skin up for supersonic anti-aging moisturization.”

My Thoughts on Their Claims:  I really don’t know if it cleanses skin six times better or if I had supersonic moisture afterwards… what does that even mean??

Verdict: I found nothing good about this face brush for me.  I used this brush both morning and night for about eight weeks in November and December and I noticed that my skin progressively got worse as far as acne and redness were concerned.  I think the brush was just too harsh on my skin and it seemed to really irritate my skin.  I stopped using it and I got clearer within a week.  I definitely would not recommend this if you have acne prone skin, as it seems to me that it is too harsh for sensitive skin that tends to break out easily.  However, if your skin is dry or normal, you might have great results with this product.  I will mention that I used it in conjunction with my generic ProActiv facewash, not the cleanser that they sell to use with the brush.

I give this product 1 out of 5 stars.

Would I purchase again?  No way.  I feel like this product was a huge waste of about $30.00 of my money.  I was hoping it would clear my skin up, not make it worse than it already was.

2 comments:

  1. I actually really like mine. It didn't break me out and it get my face really clean. I'm sorry it didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay! Well if you liked it, then I will give it to a friend who wants to try this out. Maybe it will work for her! :)

      Delete