Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pi Day Manicure

By some miracle of the computer gods who also appreciate pi, I was able to get my computer to stay plugged in long enough to post this Pi Day Manicure celebration!  For those of you who are not huge geeks or geeky educators, today is the day that we celebrate the irrational number pi.  (Get it, 3.14 = March 14th?  *Snort*)  LOL!  As a super geek and educator, I am pretty much obligated to celebrate Pi Day.  In my class, we celebrated by dressing in clothes that included round items and by calculating the circumference and area of cookies (because they are still round but pies are far too messy).  I really got into it this year by having Brian help me to make a pi day manicure!  On the fingers, we wrote out the number 3.14 and on the thumb, we included the pi symbol.  The base color was two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Celeb City.  We then used a Kiss Nail Artist Fine Art Pen in Black to write.  In the picture above, you can see the thumb in the bottom right corner.

6 comments: