Monday, March 5, 2012

Manicure Monday: NYC Cashmere Creme

Even though I recently purchased this nail polish, it's already been discontinued.  Such is the way of cosmetics.  That's okay with me though, because given the option, I wouldn't purchase it again.  It's okay, but not a can't-live-without-it polish.
Two coats of N.Y.C. Long Wearing Nail Enamel in Cashmere Creme barely gave me opacity but the formula was as streaky and cheap looking as you would expect a $0.99 light blue frost to look.  Darn my love of blue polish!  However, once I stamped over it, it turned out looking alright.  I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Co-Bolt Blue and Bundle Monster plate BM11 (same image also found on BM16).  Finally, I had Brian fill in the center of the flowers with my white Kiss Nail Art Pen (pictured).  This was the biggest disappointment of this manicure.  You can't even see the white.  I know it would have shown up more on a dark background but the real issue is that these nail art pens (I have both black and white) are not very opaque.  The black is more of a sad dirty gray and the white is practically skim milk.  I had high hopes for those too.  Overall a slightly disappointing but still cute mani.

No comments:

Post a Comment