Saturday, February 4, 2012

Small Haul

Over the last couple of weeks, I've picked up an item here or there and I thought I would share them with you and tell you a little about each product.
From left to right, Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist, Equate Gentle Skin Cleanser and in the front we have Almay Get Up & Grow Waterproof Mascara in Black.


Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion: Since I've started the acne.org Regimen, my skin has been excessively dry, peeling, and overall disgusting.  My skin has never been so dry in my life.  Dan Kern of acne.org recommends this product as a good moisturizer for acne prone skin.  I've been using it for about a week now and I can tell you for sure that this product works.  I immediately noticed a huge difference in the appearance of the dry spots on my face and the itching went away as well.  Within two days almost all of the dry patches were completely gone.  I'm not sure if this product will break me out because a few days after using it, I did develop several pimples but I haven't used it long enough to tell if it was from the lotion or not but I also know that pimples usually develop two to three weeks before they noticeably appear on the surface of the skin.  In other words, it was probably a coincidence but I may review this product in the future so more research is needed.  I like that you get a lot for your money and it is gentle enough to use on the face or all over the body.


Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner: This is a tried and true product that I have repurchased many times over the last ten or more years.  I'm almost out of my current bottle and needed a replacement.  Smells like coconuts!


Equate Gentle Skin Cleanser: This is another product recommended by acne.org.  Well acutally, the Cetaphil equivalent is recommended but this was a lot cheaper from Walmart.  This can be used to wash your face or even your body.  It feels very gentle on the skin but has a texture similar to runny snot (yuck) so it may not be for everyone.  So far, I really like it and feel that it gets my skin clean without irritating it like some more harsh face washes do.


Almay Get Up & Grow Waterproof Mascara: When I started my Project 10 Pan/5 Bottle, I had two waterproof mascaras and two washable mascaras.  I did not think I would use them all up before I finished the project but I'm pretty sure the two I have left (Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof and Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Washable) are both pretty much completely empty.  I think they'll only last me a few more days, at best.  So I purchased this mascara to replace the waterproof.  I have a back up washable mascara that I haven't opened yet but no other waterproof.  Almay is a cruelty-free company and I think I'll like the brush on this mascara so I'm looking forward to trying it out.


Do you have any new items that you're loving?  Or hating?  I'd love it if you would share them in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently using the Target brand of the Cetaphil face wash and I'm really enjoying it! I noticed on the acne.org site they instruct you to create a really good lather. I was having trouble getting the face wash to get to that foamy lather without half the product ending up in the bottom of the sink. Necessity, being the mother of invention ;), drove me to an empty foaming hand soap pump that I kept in the event I would find a use for it. I washed it out, poured about 2 ounces of face wash into the soap bottle, then filled the rest of the bottle with warm water, swishing gently to incorporate the face wash. Problem solved! Now I just pump 3-4 squirts of my "foaming" face wash into my hands and smooth onto my face. So much easier and less time consuming than trying to lather and losing so much product.

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read somewhere on the acne.org website (don't remember where, as there are TONS of pages on the site) where someone said that the Cetaphil didn't foam but you could still use it, you would just need to use more product. I find it still does a good job but I like the idea of making it foam because I think it would save on the amount of product you use. Great idea!!

      Delete
  2. I finally bought the covergirl "super thick lash" mascara, recommended by nurberxo and Msgoldgirl. It really is awesome! It's washable but stays on all day, doesn't flake, even after I woke up from a nap. Almay is a great company too; I have tried their nourishing volume mascara and really liked it for the more natural look it gave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots of people say they like Almay mascaras but I've never tried any of theirs before. I hope it's really waterproof!

      Delete