Monday, February 13, 2012

Review: Bodycology Coconut Lime Body Cream


My Use For This Product: I used this product for several years as a hand lotion and have used it for several weeks as a body lotion for my legs.
Product Claims: "lasting moisture with a light fragrance"
Other Information: The company's website says, "Advanced Beauty Systems, Inc. does not test the finished products on animals."  However, this does not mean that they are a cruelty-free company.  They are not listed as cruelty-free on PETA's or Leaping Bunny's websites.  This tells me that this product is not completely cruelty-free so if that's something that upsets you, you may want to research the topic further.
Cons: This lotion is a bit on the thick side for the hands.  It also takes quite a bit of massaging to work it into the skin.
Pros: Where to even begin?  The fragrance is just as described, light.  It smells lovely yet doesn't overpower other fragrances you might be wearing.  The moisture is definitely lasting and it is very moisturizing.  It has a rather thick but creamy formula (hence why it is called a body cream) and while it isn't what I would call greasy, you will still feel that your skin is a bit slick even a few hours after applying.  This is why I really like it for areas like the legs.  My hair grows very fast and I have to shave my legs every other day to keep the fur at bay.  In the winter, this can cause me to have dry skin on my legs and this lotion does an amazing job of restoring hydration and keeping my skin hydrated over time.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Would I purchase again?  Yes
Conclusion: While I hate the thought that this company might have some fishy animal testing activity going on, this is a great and affordable body lotion.  You can purchase it at  Walmart for around $4.00 and you get a lot of product for the price.  This tube has lasted me for several years and I really enjoy the scent as well as the moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment