Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review: Almay Makeup Eraser Sticks



Awhile ago, I had blogged about wanting these Almay Makeup Eraser Sticks.  Shortly after posting that, I took the plunge and went out and bought them.  I've used them several times since then and now I'm ready to review!


What They Are: These are basically cotton swabs that are pre-loaded with Almay's oil-free eye makeup remover.  You snap off the end with the colored ring and the makeup remover rushes into the swab on the other end.  Then you can just wipe the makeup onto the cotton swab.


Company Claims from Almay's website: "Perfect for effortlessly erasing mistakes during application without disturbing the rest of your makeup. these easy to use soft cotton tip swabs are individually filled with the best selling almay® oil free eye makeup remover formula."


These were also an Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner for 2011.


My Thoughts on Their Claims: Personally, I don't use these during makeup application but I guess you could.  I definitely agree that they are easy to use.
Other Information: I use these to clean up any areas around my eyes.  In particular, I generally shower at night (and remove my makeup) but sometimes in the morning if I've worn a lot of eyeliner or if I've worn waterproof mascara the day before, I might wake up with some residue around my eye area.  I use these to clean that up.


Cons: 1. Cost.  The package of 24 sticks will set you back around $5 - $6.  I paid around $5 for mine, which makes each stick cost around $0.21.  Per use, that is kind of expensive, especially when you consider that you really only can use one end of the swab to remove makeup and the other gets snapped (mostly) off so it can really only be used to dry off excess makeup remover.


Pros: 1. Convenience.  It can be a bit of a pain to try to take a regular cotton swab, soak it in eye makeup remover, then fix those smudges.  This is much quicker and easier.  2. Travel-friendly.  These are much easier and less messy to pack for a trip than taking a bottle of eye makeup remover.  3. Non-irritating.  I wear contact lenses most days and some eye makeup removers can irritate my eyes when they touch my contacts or sensitive eye areas like the waterline.  I have used these all over my eyes with no irritation to my eyes or spots left on my contacts.


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars


Would I Purchase Again: Definitely.  For me, the convenience outweighs the price.  I don't use these every day so they last me quite a while.  They are also awesome for travel and since I travel at least every six months, if not more, I will absolutely keep them around for that.  I also really like them for when I'm in a hurry in the morning, like every morning.  Overall, they are quick and easy and in my opinion, not that expensive.

2 comments:

  1. I purchased this as well... kinda think that it's over priced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For what they are, they are definitely a bit overpriced.

      Delete