Sunday, February 5, 2012

Project 10 Pan Update


I was going to film an update on my Project 10 Pan today, but then I realized just how close I am to finishing so I thought I would save the video until I do finish and just update on my blog instead.
Let's start with the Project 10 Pan items I've already finished.  From left to right.
1. Covergirl Aqua Smooth Foundation in Ivory
2. Softlips Lip Balm in Vanilla
3. Wet N Wild Clinical Mascara
4. e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Perfect Pink
5. N.Y.C. Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Mink
6. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Washable in Classic Black
7. Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof in Very Black

8. Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil in Chocolate
Total Items Used: 8
Items Remaining: 2

And now for the Project 5 Bottle Item's I've already finished.  Left to right.
1. Victoria's Secret Eau de Toilette in Amber Romance
2. Redken Align 12
3. Garnier Fructis Flexible Hold Hair Spray
4. Johnson's Baby Lotion
5. Warm Sugar Cookie Body Butter
Total Items Used: 5
Items Remaining: 0

So I've finished the 5 Bottle portion of this project.  I estimate that I am only a few days from finishing the 10 Pan portion as well.  While I continue to work towards my goal, I have some items to share with you.  I only included items that you could really see the progress that I'm making.

Some Project 10 Pan Items I'm still working on:
1. Covergirl Ultimate Finish Liquid Powder Makeup in Ivory
2. Pixi Brightening Peach Correction Concentrate
3. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof in Glam Black (This will probably be finished by Monday or Tuesday.  When it's gone, I'll replace it with a Wet N Wild Clinical Mascara that I already have but haven't opened yet.)
4. Essence Eyebrow Designer in Brown
5. Sally Girl Eyeshadow Single in Champagne

I'm also working on a powder, blush, and bronzer but there was so little left in the pans that I depotted them into a travel size pill container.  (See here for the post on the pill container.)  On the top of each container, I used permanent marker to write what was inside.
More 10 Pan Items:
1. e.l.f. Natural Radiance Blusher in Shy

2. Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation in Translucent Light

3. Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer in Sunlight

(I'm also almost finished with my N.Y.C. Liquid Lip Shine in Sungold Pink, but I forgot it at work on Friday so it isn't pictured.)
Now I can get use of every last bit of product.  You can see I only have about another day or two left on that bronzer.  I really think I'll be finished with my project by the end of the week!

Finally, here are some items I'm working on for my 5 Bottle portion.
1. e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set
2. Body Essence Cucumber Melon Hand Lotion
3. Bodycology Body Cream in Coconut Lime

And there you have it!  Lots of things I've finished but lots that I'm still working on too.  I think after I finish this project, I'm going to continue to stay on a no buy but I'll try to just use what I already have in my collection.  Which means some episodes of Shopping My Stash may be coming in the near future.  I've already got some items I've been missing that I want to use!


5 comments:

  1. Wow, good job! I know you still have to finish the bottle part but how long did it take you to complete the 10 pan part of your makeup diet? Do you plan on splurging on makeup or will you try to continue buying things as you need them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the 5 bottle part but I'm still working on the ten pan. I think it will take me about six weeks total, maybe five. When I'm done, I'll probably splurge on a few things I've had my eye on, but I'm pretty much planning on trying to continue to use up some items and shop my stash instead of buy more. But there are some nail polishes I've had my eye on for awhile now. ;)

      Delete
  2. I see this all the time on youtube and I'm always so embarrassed to ask anyone. What exactly is project 10 pan? I would seriously love to do it and make a video for my channel. All help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be embarassed! Project 10 Pan is when you stop buying any new makeup until you have completely used up (or hit pan on) 10 items. There are lots of different variations on the same idea. Right now I am doing a Project X Pan. The X is because I'm not trying to use up a certain number of items, but rather, I'm not buying anything until a certain date. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. You are doing amazingly. I have only just started mine and have been horrified by how difficult I am finding it.

    http://mag-num-pie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete