Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Touch Up Bag

I carry a small touch up bag in my purse that I use when I need a little refresher for my makeup.  As a teacher, I have no time during the day to touch up my makeup so I mostly use this if I am going out somewhere directly after work.  Usually, as my hubby is driving us to dinner, I would be touching up my makeup in the car's vanity mirror.  These are my touch up essentials and the uses I have for each product.
1. The Bag - I carry my small supply of items in a Modella makeup bag that I bought for a very affordable price at Walmart.  I don't remember exactly how much it was but I know it wasn't much.
2. Bobby Pins - The black and red tin carries a small supply of high quality bobby pins that are great in a bind.  They never stretch out and have a great ability to hold.  I purchased the tin with the bobby pins in it at Sally Beauty Supply and they are Sally brand bobby pins.
3. Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer - I am so sad this product was discontinued because I really think this is the best touch up concealer ever.  It is creamy and smooth and does a great job of concealing undereye circles as well as blemishes.  It feels very light so you can feel confident that if you are reapplying after a long day, it won't look like you've caked on several layers of makeup.
4. Face Secrets Oil Blotting Sheets - This is another great product from Sally Beauty Supply.  They are super inexpensive and come in a handy and adorable purple plastic container that holds and protects the delicate sheets.  I always prefer to blot away oil, rather than cake on more powder.
5. Q-tips - these are great for removing makeup that has strayed, blending makeup, or smudging makeup.  An all-purpose, must-have tool.
6. ULTA Mini Eyeliner Pencils in Black and Brown - The two colors I used most.  I keep these to touch up eyeliner or brows in a pinch.
7. Retractable Powder Brush - Just in case I need a light dusting of powder or want to set undereye concealer with some powder.
8. Fingernail Clippers and Nail File - For repairing those darn broken nails!  Also, the clippers come in real handy when you need to cut something open or off (like the tag on the new sweater/shoes/purse you just bought!).
9. Palladio Herbal Concealer - Sometimes with blemishes, I need a little extra coverage so I'll put this on then dab a bit of the Dream Mousse over it.
10. N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder - I am not at all a fan of this powder but I rarely use it.  When I do use it, it's usually just to set concealer so I don't care that much what powder I use.  This is a really economical choice at less than $3.00 so if it breaks or gets ruined, I wouldn't be upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment