Saturday, February 25, 2012

My High End Makeup Collection

I don't own a lot of high end makeup and most of what I have has been given to me as Christmas or birthday presents from my husband.  I'm not a big fan of overpaying for products and that's usually how I feel about high end makeup.  However, I thought it was worth sharing what I did have just to satisfy any curious minds.  If I had to choose one item that I am willing to spend the extra money for, it would definitely be the Too Faced Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer.  This really is a good deal for the price.  For $18, I get a primer that lasts for about a year and a half and does a great job of making my eyeshadow true to color, last longer, prevents creasing, and yet still makes shadow easy to blend.  All over goodness.
A closer look at the shadows in the Pixie Pin-Ups Palette.  It also came with a mini shadow primer, mini pinpoint mascara, and mini lava gloss eyeliner.
And a closer look at the Smashbox Click You're It Palette.  It came with a mini Smashbox Photo Finish lid primer.  The top three rows are eyeshadows and the bottom row are cream liners that could also be used as an eyeshadow base.

2 comments:

  1. When I started getting back into makeup I started with high end products. No particular reason it just happened that way. As I got more into youtube and checking out beauty blogs I've gotten more into drugstore products. I will say my foundation will more than likely will always be a high end one since drugstores lack range in the deeper shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree that drugstore foundations lack good color range, especially for the deeper skin tones.

      Delete