Monday, February 6, 2012

Manicure Monday: Bavarian Flag

My husband has been trying to persuade me to do this manicure since June so I finally broke down and tried it.  You see, in June we went on a tour of Austira, Switzerland, and Germany, including Munich, which is located in Bavaria.  Brian purchased a Bavarian flag while there and loved the design.  He thought it would make a perfect manicure look and I agreed.  The only reason I've been delaying this look is my worry over the use of full nail stamps.
The Bavarian flag that I copied is compiled of white over blue with a lozenge design.  After applying a layer of Sally Hansen Insta-Grip, I painted on two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away.  As with all polishes in this line, application was a dream and I only needed two coats.  After this was fully dried, I used Konad Special Polish in White to stamp on the lozenge design from Bundle Monster plate BM16.  I followed with a coat of Seche Vite.
While the overall idea of this manicure was adorable, my suspicion was correct.  The Bundle Monster plate was too small for my thumb nails (by a lot!) and hard to center on some of the other larger nails.  In the middle photo, you can see the line on the outer edge of my nail.  My photographing hand (my left) looks a lot better than my right hand, since I am right handed but I would still consider this manicure a success, mostly because Brian loves it and it reminds me of such good times with him in Germany this summer.  Wish I was there now!

No comments:

Post a Comment