Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Insecure Me: Acne Update

About three weeks ago, I published my first post about my struggle with acne (Click here to read that post if you missed it.)  I wrote about how I had found acne.org and was starting a new acne regimen.  I wanted to update you on how things have gone with my skin since then.  At first, my skin was very clear but extremely dry and flaking.  Then I had a few breakouts but I noticed they were smaller than in the past and healed faster.  Currently my skin is continuing to clear and the spots from old acne are still there but they are fading and no new acne seems to be forming.  The dryness has almost completely subsided except for a few patches around my temples, chin, and in between my eyebrows.  I'm really happy with the results I've seen so far and they seem to match up exactly with what the website tells you to expect if you have mild acne, like me (click here to see for yourself).

So far, I am really pleased with the results.  I had just about given up hope of ever having clear skin again but this Regimen with acne.org is really working for me.  I also really like that it has saved me money on products and it saves me a ton of time.  I used to use six different skin care products, all of which were from Proactiv and were very expensive.  Now, I only use four and they are all available at the drugstore.  I no longer have to buy face sponges and cotton rounds.  The skin care routine is simplified, inexpensive, and it's working.  I am cautiously optimistic and really hopeful.  But don't worry, I plan on updating again in a few weeks to let you know how it's going.

Has anyone else tried acne.org?  How did it work for you?

4 comments:

  1. This is great news! I wish you continued success. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow so hopefully I can get some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you get some answers tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using the acne.org method for about 3.5 weeks now and I'm noticing a difference too! Dryness is still taking over my chin, but at least I'm only getting one or two new blemishes ever week instead of 5-6 every other day! My hormones are still out of sorts (nursing/hypoactive thyroid/etc) so I'm just pleased as punch that my skin is doing so much better than before the acne.org method!

    I will admit, it's so difficult for me to make sure I get my face washed at night. I'm so exhausted by the end of the day that it takes every fiber of my being to get to the sink and wash off the day's dirt/makeup/etc. But, because I'm seeing the results, an extra 20 minutes at night are worth a clearer face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey, I'm so happy for your success!! I definitely agree that it can be hard to motivate yourself to take all the time that the Regimen requires. I got impatient and tried rubbing in the moisturizer on the dry spots on my chin and it made me break out horribly! But I've learned my lesson and hopefully my skin will keep getting better!

      Delete