Thursday, February 2, 2012

Finally a Nail Polish Hit!

If you have kept up with my nail polish posts lately, you probably know that the past several manicures and pedicures I've done have not really made me very happy.  Well this look was a hit and not a miss!


I was trying to decide what I wanted to do to fix my awful pedicure.  I really wanted to use my China Glaze Crackle in Crushed Candy, since I fell in love with it and then bought it six months ago and never used it once.  I had always really wanted to use it but could never picture in my head something that would look good under it.  Then I remembered about having seen the picture on the display.  I really liked the way the crackles looked under black.  I didn't want to use a straight black creme so I went for something more fun.
I started with two coats of Sinful Colors in Secret Admirer, which is a black with lots of silver shimmer, making it look almost like a deep gray.  It's really pretty but not something I would wear alone.  It made a perfect base for Crushed Candy and I love the way this looks!  Kind of like concrete with peeling graffiti.
Close up, you can see the shimmer in Secret Admirer.  I think the pair look really great together!

2 comments: