Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another Small Haul

I hauled a few things this weekend that are worth sharing and talking about a bit.


It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product: This is my Holy Grail hair product.  It does 10 different things, which I've discussed before but the reason that I can't live without this is because it makes a great heat protectant.  (Yes, I've tried Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray and it did nothing to keep away split ends for me.)  I have purchased and repurchased this product many times and will continue to repurchase.  I am currently almost finished with my other bottle so this was a replacement for me.


Tresemme (Smooth Line) Salon Silk Anti-Frizz Serum: While getting my hair cut yesterday, the I was asking the stylist what I could do to control my extremely frizzy, fly-away ridden hair.  (I am currently using Aussie's Anti-Frizz Cream but it doesn't seem to do a darn thing for me and I am almost out anyways and didn't want to repurchase.)  She suggested that I try the It's a 10 Miracle Styling Serum.  That was just too expensive for me, considering I was already paying over $30 for a shampoo/haircut/blowdry and about $30 more for a replacement bottle of It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product.  She explained that the cream I was currently using was not oil based and I needed something with oils to hydrate my frizz.  (She also explained that we live in Florida and frizz is just a southern issue we have to deal with!  lol)  Since I didn't want to buck up for the salon brand, I went over to the grocery store and picked up a new product from Tresemme.  Apparently, this is so new it's not even on their website, because I couldn't find the link to share with you.  Anyway, it includes the currently famous Argan Oil so I thought I'd try it out.  I have tried and liked other serums in the past so I thought it might work for me.  I've only used it once so I'm not sure yet how I'll like it.
I also purchased two lip products, which are not really replacements but just something fun that I've been wanting.  Sadly, they were both a disappointment, which is frustrating because I did my research on these items and everything and I still ended up with two more items I don't really like.


Wet N Wild Mega Shield Lip Color in Within These Adobe Walls: (top swatch) I had watched and read several reviews about these lip products raving about their combination of hydration and pigmented color.  I stalked swatches on multiple different blogs to help me choose a color I would like.  Yet none of those things helped because to be honest, I just don't really like this product.  The color was much more peach than pink, although in the swatches I saw, it looked like a soft peachy pink.  In my opinion, it comes off on me like a more orangey-peach.  Not the most flattering shade on me.  Also, I feel like the hydration wears off within about five minutes and then leaves my lips drier than before.  I don't want to say for sure that I don't like this yet because I need to try it longer to decide for sure.  But my first impression is disappointment.  :(


Jordana New Matte Lipstick in Lillyrose: (bottom swatch) Again, I read reviews on this and looked at swatches.  I particularly remember one review saying that the person was surprised by how hydrating this was for a matte lipstick and that it even came off more as a cream shade than a matte.  Oh, so very false in my opinion.  First of all, it is very drying, as most matte lipsticks are.  Second, the shade is described on the website as "lavender creme", which I agree with but it swatched much darker than it looked in the tube.  This isn't a terrible lipstick.  I'm just not really a big fan of this particular shade.  Now I'm wishing I had tried Pink Flair or Simply Natural.  However, with the drying formula on this one, I won't be trying any other shades.

9 comments:

  1. I can't live without the It's a 10, I love it. I will have to check out the serum for my flyaways. I have been using the new Suave line with keratin and it has helped quite a bit, but the real test will be this summer with the humidity of Kentucky. I completely agree with the megashield lipsticks, they are not very hydrating at all. I'm hoping they will be better to use this summer. They do leave a nice stain when they wear off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What products from the new Suave line are you using? I've heard a lot about them and since Suave is so affordable, I've thought about picking up some items from that line when I need shampoo and conditioner again.

      Delete
    2. I am using the shampoo for color treated hair, conditioner, the heat defense leave in conditioner, & the smooth & shine serum.

      Delete
  2. Too bad the lipsticks didn`t work out. I like the Maybelline lipsticks and Rimmel`s as well...but been thinking of trying the Covergirl hydrating ones...swatched some today and even though it isn`t supposed to be long lasting, the colour stayed on my hand all day, despite washing my hands repeatedly (as I do every day). Rimmel`s are cheaper so I always buy those and the quality is good but I bought the Maybelline one on sale and love it (a plum shade) and I have a CG coupon so that`s the only reason I`m considering it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zara, I haven't really tried any lipsticks from those brands, besides one Rimmel. I really like the Revlon Colorburst so I think I might try one of those or maybe I'll get on the bandwagon and try out the Lip Butters.

      Delete
  3. I found "its a 10" products at my Walmart in Florida. The leave in product is about $23.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Was it inside of the Salon within Walmart or in Walmart's hair care section?

      Delete
    2. It was in Walmart's hair care section. I saw that they had the shampoo and conditioner for $20 and I also saw another product there, I'm not sure if it was the serum or not.

      Delete
    3. Awesome! I'll have to check out my Walmart this weekend!

      Delete