Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Update on 2012 Goals

I've never made resolutions before, but for some reason this year on New Year's Eve, I felt compelled to get on the bandwagon and set some goals for myself for the new year.  (Click here if you missed the original post.)  This post is an update on my goals, after about two weeks.


Goals for Change:
1. exercise for fifteen minutes, two times per week
     I knew this would be the hardest thing for me to do and that has definitely been the case.  I did great the first week of January and actually exercised twice that week for more than fifteen minutes.  Last week I totally pooped out and didn't exercise at all.  I was feeling exceptionally tired last week and had that sort of "I think I'm getting sick feeling" so I ended up going to bed about an hour and a half earlier than usual every night.  I didn't end up with a cold (yea!) but I didn't work out at all either.  And this week isn't looking good so far.  :/  I need to find some kind of exercise that I enjoy, but so far that hasn't happened in my 28 years of life.

     As a teacher, I thought I would rate my success with report card grades for each goal.  Report Card: D
2. complete a Project 10 Pan without cheating (see post with rules here)
     I am really proud of my progress on this!  So far the products I have completed are: Wet N Wild Clinical Mascara, Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara, Johnson's Baby Lotion, Victoria's Secret Amber Romance Eau de Toilette, and Redken Align 12.  I still have a long way to go but I haven't cheated at all and I feel good about it!  I don't even really feel tempted right now, as it just feels good to see progress in those items I'm working on.  I'm pretty sure I'll be finishing a few makeup items before the week is over too!  Report Card: A

Items I've finished
Item's I'm almost done with
3. spend some quality time at least 30 minutes once a week with my husband

     Brian and I have made this a real priority over the last few weeks, even if we just go to bed half an hour early and watch TV and cuddle.  The funny thing is, the more time we spend together, the more we want to spend time together.  So our thirty minutes has been way exceeded each week.  I've really enjoyed feeling close to him and I definitely have felt happier lately because of our extra time spent focusing on each other.
Report Card: A
4. clean the litter box every day
     I have done really well with this during the week but I'll be honest and say I've slipped up on the weekend.  I've now made it part of my workday routine, just like changing my clothes after work.  I now come home and the first thing I do is clean the litterbox.  But the weekends don't always have a steady routine like weekdays do for me so I definitely need to work on making it a part of my weekend routine too.  The first weekend I forgot one day and this weekend I forgot two days out of three.  No good.
Report Card: C+
Goals to Maintain: 
1. Continue to post videos on YouTube regularly
     So far, I have released five (I think) YouTube videos in January.  That's better than I even expected!  And I have several that I'm working on editing right now as well.

Report Card: A
2. Continue to write blog posts regularly

     I have blogged almost every day in January (sometimes twice in a day) so I am really happy about this accomplishment.  But more important than the amount of posts, I have really been enjoying blogging and writing.  I've always enjoyed writing both creatively and informatively and as an adult, I haven't had a lot of opportunities for my outlet.  Five years ago, I taught fourth grade writing and that was amazing because I really enjoyed it but now I teach fifth grade and writing isn't emphasized as much in fifth grade in Florida.  So my blog has restored my chance to put thoughts in writing and there have been days where it's been downright therapeutic.  To say the least, I greatly writing this blog.Report Card: A


Did anyone else set goals or make resolutions for 2012?  If so, I'd love to hear how it's going for you!

1 comment:

  1. Not bad at all! The time with the hubs is too cute. Doing good with my exercising goals. Slowly working on the other stuff. Curbing my inner product junkie...*hangs head in shame* lol!

    ReplyDelete