Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Nail Polish Remover Pads

Back in December, I was preparing to travel to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for the holidays.  I really wanted to have my nails painted for Christmas but I didn't want to haul tons of different products with me on my trip.  I picked up a pack of Extra Thick Nail Polish Remover Pads from Target in the Regular formula.  I'm pretty sure they are Studio Tools brand but I never intended these to be a review product for my blog when I bought them.  I didn't even save the box they came in. :( As it turns out, they are pretty awesome.  Again, not positive, but I want to say a pack of ten was under $3.00.
What you get in each pack is a thick piece of felt soaked in acetone-based nail polish remover.  In the picture above, the felt is folded over so it's even larger than it seems.  One of these is enough to remove regular polish from ten nails.  That really impressed me!  I thought for sure you would need a whole pack to get your polish off.  However, I do find that with glitter polish, I needed two pads, one for each hand.
The pad, unfolded to full size
I think these polish remover pads are a great product for travel.  I wouldn't use them for everyday, simply because it would be much more expensive than using cotton balls and a bottle of polish remover.  However, I will definitely be taking these along with me for trips from now on.  They allow you to have the luxury of painted nails without lugging a giant bottle of polish remover around.  And if you're one of those people who has to take all of their polish off if you get a chip, these might be handy to toss into your purse for on the go.
I'm not sure if this product will actually "soften cuticles and add strength and resiliency" but it definitely will clean all ten nails if you're not wearing glitter (but we all know what a pain glitter is to remove).  I would absolutely recommend this if you're looking for a great way to remove your polish while traveling or on the go.

2 comments:

  1. I've used these for a few years now & love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see why! They are awesome! I always thought they seemed gimmicky but I will definitely be using these whenever I travel.

      Delete